Well, our journey begun back in 1999 when Kinangop Dairy Ltd was established and incorporated as Mkulima Creameries Ltd. Our aim was buying, processing, packaging and distributing dairy products using milk produced from the milk-rich catchment areas of Kinangop. In 2006, Mkulima Creameries Ltd changed its name to Kinangop Dairy Ltd as a strategy of widening our operations and incorporating Kinangop farmers as part of our heritage.
In February 2008, we kicked off a fresh milk contract packaging arrangement that ran through to May 2010. We eventually moved to our own ultra-modern processing plant located at Ndunyu Njeru Township (app. 120 km from Nairobi). We started off with the original brand Jamaa Fresh Milk and subsequently launched the Kinangop Fresh Milk among other flagship household brands.
Our Vision is to be a leading processor of high quality dairy products and services within Kenya and beyond.
We endeavor to deliver superior value and high quality dairy product to our customers, shareholders and stakeholders through:
- Optimal utilization of resources
- Use of innovative technology
- The best manufacturing practices
These are core values that we live by:
- Quality Customer Service
- Transparency & Accountability
- Corporate Social Responsibilty
- Team Spirit
- Creativity & Innovation
- Attracting, developing and retaining adequate qualified staff.
- Increasing investment in research and development.
- Enhancing customer relations by focussing on sustaining high quality products and service delivery.
- Improving our product portfolio through diversification.
- Streamlining our internal business processes by re-engineering them.
- Safeguarding efficiency in factory operational processes by undertaking effective critical analysis and appraisal of production processes.
- Providing cooling hubs to farmers to ensure quality and consistent raw milk procurement.